28 mil Black Polypropylene Landfill Covers
The 6.8 oz. sq/yd 28 mil Polypropylene Black Landfill Cover is our most popular landfill cover tarp fabric. Thrace-LINQ® GTF-300 is woven in a stable weave pattern; using high-tenacity polypropylene slit film yarns. This geotextile has been UV stabilized and is resistant to commonly encountered chemicals, mildew, and insects, found in soil. Thrace-LINQ® GTF-300 meets AASHTO M288-06 Class 1 standards.
Woven Slit Film
- Reinforcement / Stabilization: Slit film improves the mechanical properties of soil and structural fill by absorbing tensile forces and reducing deformation.
- Separation: It also performs separation beneath roads, keeping dissimilar materials separated to maintain their functionality.
Thrace-LINQ woven slit film geotextiles are well-suited for the separation and stabilization of roads. Their durable, high-modulus polypropylene yarns are woven into a competent structure that meets or exceeds industry standards. Since our slit film is both economical and hardwearing, it is also used to reinforce other civil structures like slopes, walls and dikes, and can serve as an erosion-preventing silt fence.
AASHTO M 288 is the national guideline specification for the use of geotextiles in civil engineering applications. Thrace-LINQ woven slit film meets the guidelines as follows:
- GTF 300: Class 2 and 3 Separation, Class 1 and 2 Stabilization
Features & Benefits
- Durable polypropylene yarns woven for dimensional stability
- High modulus, for immediate structural support
- Low elongation, to restrain construction damage like tearing or puncturing
- Fabric strength, suitable for encapsulation and fabrication in temporary or permanent structures
- Low cost, reducing total project expenses