Not All Thread is Created Equal
Thread comes in all types, thicknesses and colors. Some of the types are; cotton, polyester, monofilament, Teflon coated fiberglass and nylon.
In the Tarp Industry Bonded Polyester is the most common. Bonded Polyester has the highest abrasion resistance and excellent seam strength. Bonded Polyester has several strands, is twisted for strength and then bonded. The bonding process is a chemical when heated, bonds the ply's of thread together.
Their is a left and right twisted thread. Left twisted is the most common. Right twisted is typically used on a double needle sewing machine, where left twist is on one spool and right on the other.
Thread also comes in many different thicknesses: 92, 138, 207. And as you can imagine, all different colors.
Webbing comes in many different widths, the smallest is 3/4" and the widest is 12". The most popular is 2 inches wide. The Tarp Industry uses 3 different widths; 1, 2, and 4 inch webbing.
Type 1: Heavyweight Polypropylene Webbing
- Thickness of 0.060 of an inch
- Breaking strength of 1,440 pounds
- Melting point of 330 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Used in lightweight applications
Type 2: Nylon Webbing
- Nylon strapping absorbs water at a quicker rate than polyester webbing, and will stretch when wet- up to 2% of its length.
- Nylon webbing should not be used in bleaching agents or acids.
- Breaking strength of 2,200 pounds
- Used in heavier applications
Type 3: Polyester, Cargo Webbing
- Strong, yet lightweight with very little stretch.
- Resists abrasion, damaging UV rays, and most common chemicals. Absorbs very little water, preventing mold, mildew, rotting and shrinking.
- Breaking strength of 6,000 & 10,000 pounds
- Used in the heaviest applications
Industrial/Agricultural Webbing Applications:
Tarps, Covering systems, land fill covers, Bulk Bags and flexible containers, winch straps, slings, buffer web, tie-downs, cargo nets, cargo handling, ag-ties, pull straps, tents, shade structures, green houses, and even modular home construction.
Webbing can be manufactured to any specification.
Celebrating 129 years in business
Serving our community, Since 1885. Visit our website for a full line of products: http://www.debrovys.com/products/.
Have questions, Contact Us.